All you need is 3 apps:
- SMARTHINGS: Free
- TASKER: $3.49
- SHARPTOOLS: $3.49
STEP 1) Install/Setup Smarthings
- Download Smarthings from the Google Playstore.
- Select "Add a new device"
- And find the smart device you want to connect.
STEP 2) Install/Setup Sharptools
- Download Sharptools from the Google Playstore.
- Go to: Settings>Authorize things(here is where you'll
pay for the additional features).
- Sign in wiht your Smarthings account and add the
devices you want to control.
STEP 3) Install/Setup Tasker
- Under "Profiles" tab hit the "+" icon and select "Event."
- In the "Filter" search bar type "NFC" and select it.
- In the "ID" section hit tap the "search" magnifying glass.
- You will be prompted to scan your NFC tag(tap it)
- You may get a prompt saying "It cannot format."
Ignore this and hit yes, and yes again.
STEP 4) ASSIGN TASK
- Tasker will now prompt you to "add task." Select and
look for "plugin."
- In "plugin" look for "sharptools" and select.
- Choose "a thing." or "scene"
- On "Configurations" tab select the "pencil tool."
- Select the device or scene you want to control, from the
drop-down list and choose the command you want.
NOTE: toggle means it will do the opposite command,
example a light on will turn off and vice versa.
- Hit apply
- And you're done!
- Now try it out and see if it works.